Smriti Mandhana, a talented left-handed batswoman from Maharashtra, is living the dream of every young Indian.
Smriti Mandhana- Biography:
Smriti is an Indian cricket player. She was born on 18 July 1996 in Mumbai. Her Age is 27 years as of 2023.
Smriti Mandhana Family & Early Life
Mandhana ‘s father is Srinivasa Mandhana and her mother Samita Is House Holder.
Smriti belongs to a Marwari family. Her family shifted to Sangli, Maharashtra when she was 2 years old. her brother and father were both district-level cricketers. Mandhana became interested in cricket after seeing her brother and father playing cricket.
Smriti’s brother Sravan started training her. At the age of 9, She was selected for Maharashtra’s under-15 team. At the age of 11, She was taken to Maharashtra’s Under-19 team.
And from here Smriti Mandhana’s cricket career begins.
Smriti Mandhana’s Career
Smriti has loved cricket since Childhood. The first breakthrough of Smriti came in October 2013. She became the first Indian woman to score a double-hundred in a one-day match.
In the West Zone Under-19 Tournament, she scored an unbeaten 224 off 150 balls for Maharashtra against Gujarat at the Alembic Cricket Ground in Vadodara.
Smriti Mandhana’s Cast:
She Belongs to the Mandhana Marwari Family. Her Cast is OBC.
|Full Name||Smriti Srinivasa Mandhana|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1996|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Sangli, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father– Srinivasa Mandhana (Former district-level Cricketer)|
Mother– Samita Mandhana
Brother– Shravan Mandhana (Former district-level Cricketer)
Sister- Update Soon
|Profession||Indian Women Cricketer (Batsman)|
|International Debut||Test– 13 August 2014 vs England Women in Wormsley|
ODI– 10 April 2013 vs Bangladesh Women in Ahmedabad
T20– 5 April 2013 vs Bangladesh Women in Vadodara
Smriti Mandhana’s boyfriend’s name is Palash Muchhal (Music composer and film score composer) who is the brother of Bollywood singer Palak Muchhal.
Read More – Shubman Gill Biography
Physical Stats/ Body Measurements:
|Height (approx.)||5’ 4” (Feet Inches)|
|Weight (approx.)||56 kg (Kilograms) | 123 lbs (Pounds)|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-27-34|
Smriti Mandhana’s Cricket Stats
|ICC Women’s World Cup||7||7||0||327||419||0||0||30||4||78.04||46.71||123|
|Women’s Premier League||8||8||0||149||134||0||0||22||3||111.19||18.63||37|
|Jersey Number||18 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||• Brisbane Heat Women|
• Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium-fast|
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Records/Achievements||Against Gujarat in October 2013, Mandhana became the first Indian women cricketer to achieve a double ton in a One Day game. She had smashed 224 off just 150 balls in the West Zone under-19 tournament.|
• With 3 centuries in as many matches and a total of 192 runs in the Women’s Challenger Trophy 2016, she stood as the highest run-scorer of the tournament.
Read More – Harmanpreet Kaur Biography
Smriti Mandhana Facebook Instagram Twitter
Smriti Mandhana has a net worth of $5 million and this is the salary of the cricket team and earns money from the franchise.
- Mandhana was only 9 years old when she got the opportunity to play for the district-level Maharashtra Under-15 team.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore purchased her in February 2023 for Rs. 3.4 crore, the highest bid for a player in that auction, at the first WPL auction.
- She was one of the first two Indians to be hired to play in the Women’s Big Bash League in September 2016 after Brisbane Heat hired her for the competition’s then-current season. The other one is Harmanpreet Kaur.
- In her hometown of Sangli, Mandhana also owns a well-known cafe by the name of SM Eighteen.
- In July 2023, Smriti Mandhana said that these days she is playing cricket without a head coach and she is enjoying playing along with taking coaching tips from different team members.
- Domestic cricket legend Amol Majumdar likely to become head coach of Indian women’s cricket team
5 feet 4 Inch
DISCLAIMER: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.