Chiranjeevi Age: Chiranjeevi is a superstar of South Cinema who was born on 22 August 1955 as Konidela Siva Shankar Vara Prasad Rao in Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, later known as Megastar Chiranjeevi. His son Ram Charan is also a big superstar of South Cinema. Chiranjeevi is considered to be one of the most successful actors in the South. Apart from cinema, his political journey has also been successful.
Chiranjeevi Age Biography:
|Real Name||Konidela Siva Shankar Vara Prasad Rao|
|Famous For||Best Actor|
|Date Of Birth||22 August 1955|
|Chiranjeevi Age (in 2023)||68 Years|
|Birth of Place||District -Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Children||2 Daughters, one Son|
Chiranjeevi Age Family:
Chiranjeevi’s father Konidela Venkata Rao was a constable by profession and his mother Anjana Devi was a housewife. He was born when his mother was 16 years old.
Chiranjeevi and wife Surekha:
Chiranjeevi’s wife Surekha was married on 20 February 1980. Surekha’s father was Telugu’s famous comedian Allu Ramalingyya. Chiranjeevi married Surekha at the age of 25.
Chiranjeevi and Surekha have two Daughters Sushmita, Sreeja, and one son Ramcharan.
|Father||Konidela Venkata Rao|
|Children||Daughters – Sushmita Or Shreeja|
Son – Ramcharan
Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan is the top actor in the Telugu film industry. Ram Charan, who became an overnight star in the 2009 film Magadheera. His Bollywood debut in 2013 with the film Zanjeer.
Ramcharan, who has been a part of 16 films, is known as the Golden Boy in Tollywood. His film R R R 2022 song Nadu Nadu also received the Oscar Award.
Ramcharan, who earns crores from acting, is the owner of a production and airline company. Ramcharan formed his own production company named Konidela in 2016.
Read More – Ramcharan Biography
Chiranjeevi Early Life and Education:
Chiranjeevi was born into a middle-class family. His father was a constable in service and his mother was a housewife.
Chiranjeevi was not good in studies but graduated and started acting, that’s where his Telugu cinema career started.
He had said while giving an interview that when the result of the first class came, the teacher pulled him up and said that he had passed by one number. Chiranjeevi felt that he had come first, out of happiness, he took the result and reached home to show it to his parents. When his father saw his result, he was very angry and his mother also reprimanded him and was very disappointed.
Telugu Cinema Career:
- Chiranjeevi started his film career at the age of 24.
- Chiranjeevi made his film debut in 1979 with the film “Pundhirllu”, although Mana Viri Pandvulu, directed by Bapu, was his first release.
- He started playing the lead role in the hit film Intlo Ramayya Veedilo Krishnayya released in 1982.
- The film “Kaidi”, released in 1983, made Chiranjeevi a huge superstar overnight. After the success of the film, his style of talking, behavior and even small things like waving his arms became a trademark. Since then Chiranjeevi has become a megastar.
- Chiranjeevi’s dance is very much liked in South Cinema. Let us tell you that he learned this dance from the famous dancer and actress Helen. When he first saw Helen dancing to the song Piya Tu Ab To Aaja, since then he started learning to dance by watching her.
- In 1989, Chiranjeevi was doing less than his 150th film, the name of the film was Khiladi No. 150.
- Chiranjeevi’s superhit films Acharya and Godfather came in 2022.
- His movie Bhola came to Bollywood in 2023 which did not perform well at the box office.
- Apart from new films, Chiranjeevi also tried his hand at politics.
- In 2008 started a political party” Praja Rajyam Party” in Andhra Pradesh.
- At the time of the party launch, he had said that social justice was the main agenda of his party.
- In the 2009 general election, the party won 18 of the 294 seats in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
- Chiranjeev aligned the Praja Rajyam Party with the Indian National Congress on 6 February 2011.
- Chiranjeevi became a member of the Rajya Sabha on 28 October 2012 and became the Minister of Tourism at the Center.
- In 2014, he campaigned in support of the party but his party could not win any seats.
- His tenure as a Rajya Sabha member ended in 2018, since then he has not been active in politics.
- 9 Filmfare Awards
- 3 Nandi awards
- Padma Bhushan Award in 2006
- Chiranjeevi’s total net worth is Rs 1650 Crore.
- In Hyderabad, he lives with his family in a 25,000 sq ft sea-facing bungalow worth Rs 30 crore.
Social Media Accounts:
Read More – Parineeti Chopra Biography
Chiranjeevi Car Collection:
- Rolls Royce Phantom (Rs – 9 to 10.5 Crore)
- Range Rover Autobiography (Rs-4 Crore)
- Range Rover Vogue (Rs-2.2 Crore)
- Toyota Land Cruiser (Rs-2 Crore)
Chiranjeevi runs an NGO named CCT which was established on 2 October 1988.
- Blood and Eye Bank is also included in this NGO.
- Has done more than 68000 blood donations and 1414 eye donations in NGO.
- CCT’s blood bank has helped more than 80000 people.
- Chiranjeevi set up oxygen banks in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to meet the needs of patients affected by COVID-19 on 9 May 2021.
- Chiranjeevi made his place in Telugu cinema at the age of 24.
- Chiranjeevi charges 35 Crore for a film.
- He has received 9 Filmfare Awards, three Nandi Ward, and a Padma Bhushan Award in 2006.
- Chiranjeevi had eight movie releases in 1979.
- Chiranjeevi’s 14 films were released in 1980 and did a good collection at the box office.
- His fan following is so great that a fan of the film Khiladi No. 150 slit his throat and died after not getting the ticket.
- Chiranjeevi had so much courage that he used to charge more than Amitabh Bachchan at that time.
- Entertainment magazines like Filmfare The Week and India Today named him Bigger Than Bachchan and he also got the title of The New Money Machine.
- Chiranjeevi was the only actor who was shooting for 4 films at a time which is a world record.
- In praise of Chiranjeevi, Amitabh Bachchan had said that the Telugu industry is bigger than the rest of the industry in the country, if Chiranjeevi is ruling the Telugu industry, then he is the king of the country’s cinema.
22 August 1955